From:
Peter Merholz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Merholz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 00:02:07 -0800
CHI-Webbies...

Do folks here have pointers to or good ideas about 3D Navigation models?

I'm not talking VRML here. I'm thinking something simple, such as if the
shockwave on this page
http://www.sfx.co.nz/tamahori/thought/shock_3d_heirarchy.html
served as navigation,
similar to how it works here:
http://www.amaze.co.uk/research/window.html

Simple and spare, but with a sense of depth. I'm working on an information
space that could benefit from something other than the now standard
top-horizontal-global-nav-and-left-vertical-local-nav scheme.

Thanks,
--peter
Peter Merholz            |
Chief Problem Solver     |    The truth always lies somewhere
PeterMe, Problems Solved |    in between.
http://peterme.com       |     -- Steve Champeon