ICMI 2012 - Call for Participation
International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI) 2012
Santa Monica, California, October 22-26 2012
== Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message ==
* News *
- The technical program is now available
* Program *
The International Conference on Multimodal Interaction is the premier international forum for multidisciplinary research on multimodal human-human and human-computer interaction, interfaces, and system development. The conference focuses on theoretical and empirical foundations, component technologies, and combined multimodal processing techniques that define the field of multimodal interaction analysis, interface design, and system development. ICMI 2012 will feature a single-track main conference (Oct 23-25) which includes: keynote speakers, technical full and short papers (including oral and poster presentations), special sessions, demonstrations, exhibits and doctoral spotlight papers.
* Keynote Speakers *
- Charles Goodwin, Professor of Applied Linguistics, University of California at Los Angeles, USA. "The Co-operative, Transformative Organization of Human Action and Knowledge"
- Ivan Poupyrev, Senior Research Scientist, Walt Disney Corporation. "Infusing the Physical World into User Interfaces"
- Roberta Klatzky, Professor of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University. "Using Psychophysical Techniques to Design and Evaluate Multi-modal Interfaces"
* Grand Challenges *
The conference will be preceded by a day of Grand Challenge workshops on Oct 22:
- AVEC 2012: The 2nd International Audio/Visual Emotion Challenge and Workshop
- Haptic Voice Recognition Grand Challenge
- D-META Grand Challenge: Data sets for Multimodal Evaluation Tasks and Annotations
- BCI Grand Challenge Brain-Computer Interfaces as intelligent sensors for enhancing
* Workshops *
The conference will be followed by a day of workshops on Oct 26:
- Speech and Gesture Production in Virtually and Physically embodied Conversational Agents
- Multimodal Learning Analytics
- 4th Workshop on Eye Gaze in Intelligent Human Machine Interaction
- International Workshop on Social Behaviour in Music
- 1st Workshop on Smart Material Interfaces
* Sponsors *
ACM, SIGCHI, Openstream, USC ICT, PASCAL2, Microsoft Research, Nuance, Disney Research
* Registration *
ACM Members: $675
Non-ACM Members: $775
Workshop and Challenges only: $150
* Venue *
ICMI 2012 conference and workshops will be held at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Monica in California, USA. It is walking distance from Santa Monica Beach and the Third Street Promenade with easy access to Los Angeles Airport, Beverly Hills, Westwood, Century City, Malibu and Hollywood.
DoubleTree Suites Santa Monica
1707 Fourth Street
Santa Monica, California ,United States 90401
* Accommodation *
Santa Monica is a world class destination with multiple hotels, bed and breakfasts and motels. The main conference hotel will be the Doubletree Guest Suite Hotel. A special ICMI 2012 rate for the conference hotel is available.
To unsubscribe from the MM-INTEREST list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: