From:
Jimmy Ang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jimmy Ang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:58:22 +0000
*MSc Mobile Application Design*

School of Engineering and Digital Arts, University of Kent
http://www.eda.kent.ac.uk/postgraduate/pg_mobileapps.aspx
<http://www.eda.kent.ac.uk/postgraduate/pg_mobileapps.aspx>

Over the last few years, we have seen the emergence of the smartphone as not
just a communication device but an information provider and personal
manager. Over the next few years, we can expect these types of phone to
become the basic devices of tomorrow. The mobile is changing how people
interact with each other both at work and in their leisure.

This advanced Masters programme prepares students to develop applications
for these devices equipping them to become highly skilled professionals for
the Mobile Industry with the latest skill set in this rapidly expanding and
evolving field. Our new programme combines technology, interface design and
application development for mobile platforms. Particular features of this
programme include:

   - Specialized module on developing iPhone and iPad apps;
   - Emphasis on creating apps with high usability and reliability;
   - All students are provided with a personal MacBook Pro for the duration
   of the course.

*Programme Modules:
*Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems
HCI for Mobiles
IPhone Application Design
Mobile Web Development
MSc Project
Research Methods and Project Design
Communication Networks (Optional)
Economics of the Electronic Marketplace (Optional)
Object-Oriented Programming (Optional)

--
Best regards,
Dr Jim (CS) Ang

Lecturer in Multimedia and Digital Systems
Jennison Building, Room 117
School of Engineering and Digital Arts
University of Kent
Phone: +44 (0) 1227 827783