CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Ohad Inbar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohad Inbar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:04:37 +0200
I agree with Hal that it's common for encounters such as his to lean heavily
toward the physician, leaving the patient wondering if anyone even remembers
he's there (and that, in fact their goal is to actually treat him). An
interesting article I found about this is the smart patient room:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08016/849476-53.stm

For the past two years, Noam Tractinsky and I have been researching service
situations like this in terms of what role service providers, customers and
IT systems play in creating service experiences, with the goal of finding
ways to improve them.

Ohad Inbar
http://www.incidentaluser.org