School on "Graph Theory, Algorithms and Applications"
International School of Mathematics -- "Guido Stampacchia"
Centre "Ettore Majorana" for Scientific Culture
Erice, Sicily (Italy)
September 8-16, 2008
* Dr. Andrew Goldberg, Microsoft Research -- Silicon Valley
* Prof. Bruce Golden, University of Maryland
* Prof. Giuseppe F. Italiano, University of Rome "Tor Vergata"
* Prof. Kurt Mehlhorn, Max-Planck Institut fuer Informatik (PINO)
* Prof. Panos Pardalos, University of Florida
* Dr. Giovanni Rinaldi, CNR Italy
* Prof. Maria Grazia Speranza, University of Brescia
* Prof. Robert E. Tarjan, Princeton University and HP
* Prof. Paolo Toth, University of Bologna
DIRECTORS OF THE SCHOOL:
Prof. Raffaele Cerulli, University of Salerno
Dr. Andrew Goldberg, Microsoft Research -- Silicon Valley
Prof. Giuseppe F. Italiano, University of Rome `Tor Vergata'
Prof. Robert E. Tarjan, Princeton University and HP
DIRECTORS OF THE COURSE:
Prof. Franco Giannessi
Erice is among the oldest cities in Sicily. The town is placed on the
homonymous mount Eryx, religious center of the Elimi, which is famous
for its temple where the Phoenicians worshipped Astarte, the Greeks
Aphrodite and the Romans Venus. Throughout history Erice was contended
by many different populations, and each of them left a palpable sense
of history. Erice is nowadays an enchanting wonderfully preserved
Mediaeval town offering the most breathtaking views in Sicily.
More information is avalaible on the School Web Site at the following