Sender:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:26:31 -0400
From:
Joe Szabo <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
This is a good discussion as it's something I've grappled with for years.

Depending on the nature of content being offered, in this case, more of the
article, I would be compelled to say "more". However, using the same call to
action at the end of each tease makes the "more" link redundant. And
redundant links are not good.

You might want to take a different approach. For example:

Name of the article
10-20 words of descriptive text follow.

The name of the article is formatted to display as a link, thus negating the
need for a call to action.

Thoughts?

On 6/13/07 1:03 PM, "Hal Shubin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You're designing a Web page, and there's a list of articles, each
> with the first sentence of the article as a tease. That sentence ends
> with a link to get to the full article. What should that link text be?
>
> I recall reading that "Learn more" isn't good, because people don't
> always want to be taught something. (I tried a search on that, but
> "learn" is a common word and I didn't have luck.)
>
> Anyone have any advice, data or good guesses?
>
> thanks    -- hs

> Hal Shubin
> 617 489 6595
> www.user.com