Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:07:50 +0100
From:
Gautier Barrere <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Hi everybody,

I'm presently working on usability of huges web sites.
I've identified a big problem with the "Breadcrumbs", that is, the:

> Home > First page > Second page > Current page

...along the top of a page.

In a lot of cases, this bar is to long for the width of the web site.

I agree that web writers must choose short titles and limit the depth
of the web site, but It's often really hard to give them guidelines
and quickway to do the "right choice".

I've found websites that offer "Breadcrumbs" on two lines
but I'm not really convinced by this design choice.

Does somebody has already worked on this problematic ?

Gautier.