From:
"Van Laan, Krista" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Van Laan, Krista
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:48:11 -0700
We use it and really like it. We had Camtasia before and got Morae
recently. Recording is much easier, and there are many types of
reporting you can do such as number of keystrokes, number of times
going back, etc.

There are a few things I'm not crazy about, some of which they
are going to fix in the next revision. You can't control the
recording from the remote computer, only from the test computer.
You also can't see the inset with the video of the person's face
while the session is being recorded. I think those two things
are being changed in the next release.

Recording from the test computer isn't bad because it means that
we don't need two people to record a usability test, but there
are many times when I would
like someone in the viewing room to be able to take care of all
the recording to free up the moderator.

The only other complaint I have is that people on my team would
like to be able to edit the video at home, and to do that we
have to buy a whole new license. You can get a license for just
the test computer or just the viewing computer, but the Manager,
which is used to create the finished video, is the full price.

All in all, though, I think it's really good. Recording is much
smoother than anything we had before, and it was easier to set
up that Camtasia and our previous configuration.

Thanks,
 Krista
Krista Van Laan
Director of Technical Communications, Security Services
VeriSign, Inc.  http://www.verisign.com
487 E. Middlefield Road    Mountain View, CA 94043
tel: (650) 426-5158     fax: (650) 426-5195