From:
"Van Laan, Krista" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Van Laan, Krista
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:11:11 -0700
My post of a couple days ago asking if other companies are using
scalable type in their applications
apparently wasn't clear. I was trying to be brief but it probably wasn't
a good idea.

I didn't mean to question whether text resizing was a good idea (I think
it is) or whether it is possible or whether it has been considered.
I was wondering how many companies (especially the bigger ones who would
be expected to have more resources to meet accessibility standards) are
actually providing the user the ability to change font size on the
applications or portals (not necessarily the corporate Web sites). That
is, the Web-based applications that a user might be expected to use
daily or regularly, such as a Web portal, software application, or any
console from which a user would access Web services.

What I wanted to discuss was, I know that companies know they need to do
it, but are they actually doing it? Do the companies that provide the
ability to resize type on their corporate Web pages offer the same
option to the customers who have paid for a service or product?

Interested in hearing about your experiences.

Krista
Krista Van Laan
Director, Technical Communications, VeriSign Security Services
487 E. Middlefield Road    Mountain View, CA 94043
Tel: 650-426-5158  Fax: 650-426-5195
www.verisign.com