From:
Bonnie Nardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Nardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:47:07 -0800
Hi All,

There will be at workshop at CHI this year called "Qualitative Research in HCI" run by Jen Rode, Mark Blythe, and myself.

The workshop is on Sunday May 6th.  A three page (or less!) position paper is due January 30th.

The abstract:

"This workshop is targeted towards academics in HCI who use qualitative methods. In particular we hope to understand the use of participatory practices in ethnography, as well as share experiences doing fieldwork. This is especially important as community members from different social science backgrounds and countries often receive dissimilar training and have few opportunities to discuss fieldwork practices. Beyond this, we wish to examine issues raised by workshop participants as key challenges to their qualitative research."

The workshop description is here:

http://web.me.com/markyblythe/MarkBlythe/QualWorkshop.html

Please me know if you have questions.

Best wishes,

-

Bonnie

Bonnie Nardi
Professor
Department of Informatics
School of Information and Computer Sciences
5088 Bren Hall
UC Irvine 92697-3440
http://darrouzet-nardi.net/bonnie