Sender:
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:23:59 +0000
From:
"Eslambolchilar P." <[log in to unmask]>
Dynamic And Continuous Computer-Human Interaction:
Human and Computer Around a Loop (DACCHI)

Website: http://cs.swan.ac.uk/~csparisa/dacchi2013.html

Organisers:
Dr Gavin Doherty, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Dr Parisa Eslambolchilar, Swansea University, Swansea, UK
Professor Insup Lee<http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~lee/home/home/index.shtml>, University of Pennsylvania, US.
Dr Paolo Masci, Queen Mary, London, UK
Dr Gerrit Niezen, Swansea University, Swansea, UK

Deadline for manuscript submissions: 8th of April 2013

This workshop provides a focal point to the engineering of “continuous” and “dynamic” interaction as means of interfacing with computing systems. We include dynamics because feedback from the devices (e.g. visual, haptic or audio feedback) influences our actions and changes our perceptions over time. Thus we control what we perceive. Continuous interaction is at the heart of the interaction between the human and sensor-based applications such as gesture-controlled applications. Mathematical and dynamical models as commonly used in engineering, which bring both human and systems into feedback loops of interaction, have hitherto been under-used in HCI research. The scope of this subject is huge, both in terms of developing theory and in application. This workshop explores and brings new insights into a number of interfacing issues via this approach.
This one-day workshop invites participants from engineering, psychology, computer science and other subjects to contribute to the workshop with examples of feedback loops in interfacing with devices. The event focuses on mapping the conceptual space, creating novel ideas and interactive applications and discussing future opportunities.

We seek position papers and demonstration proposals associated with the following themes:
•    The use of novel interaction techniques (for example gestures) in traditional systems.
•    The use of hybrid dynamic frameworks for sensor-based interaction.
•    The role of feedback loops in reducing or eliminating errors either in the design or evaluation processes.
•    The role of feedback loops in developing, deploying and evaluating sensor-based interactive systems.
•    Theoretical and practical foundations of dynamic interaction.

Submission
Authors are asked to submit a 2-4 pages position papers or demonstration proposals in the CHI extended abstracts format<http://chi2013.acm.org/authors/format/#extendedformat> to EasyChair System<https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dacchi2013> by the Deadline of Submission<http://cs.swan.ac.uk/~csparisa/dates.html>. Submissions should be anonymous.
Papers may describe on-going work, recent results, or opinions and approaches related to the workshop topics.
Papers will be peer-reviewed and the organizing committee will select high scored papers according to the relevance, quality of results, research diversity, and likelihood for stimulating and contributing to the discussion. If accepted, at least one author must register for the workshop, for one or more days of the conference.
The workshop proceedings will be published online through the peer-reviewed CEUR Workshop Proceedings. In the longer-term we will produce a special issue on the work developed and stimulated through the workshop in the International Journal of Human-Computer Studies or in Interacting with Computers.
The authors of successful workshop papers will retain the copyright for their submitted workshop papers.

DEADLINES
8 April 2013 : Submissions<http://cs.swan.ac.uk/~csparisa/cfp.html>
29 April 2013: Review Notifications
13 May 2013: Final Submissions (accepted workshop papers only)
24 June 2013: Date of the workshop