MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 12:46:10 -0400
7bit
Sender:
ACM SIGMM Interest List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Joe Geigel <[log in to unmask]>
ACM Symposium on Applied Perception 2013 - SAP 2013
https://www.scss.tcd.ie/conferences/SAP2013/index.shtml

Conference: 22nd-23rd of August 2013

Location: Trinity College Dublin, Ireland

1-page poster abstract submission: 21st of June 2013

Please send abstracts [log in to unmask]

Dear Madam, Sir, Author(s),

We invite submissions of original and previously published work in all areas of applied perception to the poster session of the 2013 edition of the Symposium on Applied Perception to be held in Dublin this August.

Best regards

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CALL FOR POSTERS

The ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (ACM SAP), formerly known as APGV, aims to advance and promote research that crosses the boundaries between perception and disciplines such as graphics, visualization, vision, haptics and acoustics. These fields can benefit from the exchange of ideas. The scope of the conference includes applications and algorithms in any area of research that incorporates elements of perception and computer science.

Our tenth annual event provides an intimate, immersive forum for exchanging ideas about areas of overlapping interests. We will hold the ACM SAP 2013 conference immediately prior to the 36th annual European Conference on Visual Perception (ECVP) that will take place in Bremen, Germany, from August 25th to August 29th. We aim to further promote communication between the core perception and computer graphics communities, and also bring back the symposium in its new form to Europe. The symposium will be hosted by Trinity College in Dublin.

The poster presentation at SAP is an opportunity for authors to display and discuss achievements that are not ready for publication or have been published previously. The poster session is always an integral part of the symposium, with specific time allotted for participants to view and discuss the work. All poster presenters will have the opportunity to give a one-minute description of their work during a poster fast-forward session.

Poster presentations are not formal publications. We encourage all types of poster submissions. Poster abstract submissions should be no more than one page in length and should follow the ACM SIGGRAPH formatting guidelines.

We invite submissions of work in all areas of applied perception. Relevant areas include:

-  Modeling, rendering, and animation

-  Visualization

-  Computational aesthetics

-  Haptic rendering, haptic input and perception

-  Computer vision

-  Color vision and color appearance modeling

-  Interaction techniques and interfaces

-  Augmented reality

-  Virtual worlds

-  Display technologies

-  Auditory display and interfaces

-  Perceptual auditory coding

-  Spatialized sound

-  Speech synthesis and recognition

-  Sensory integration

-  Multimodal rendering

-  Spatial and temporal vision

-  Empirical perception research

-  Attention and eye movements

-  Statistical learning and perception of natural scenes

-  Perception of shapes, surfaces and materials

--
Joe Geigel
Associate Professor

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://listserv.acm.org/scripts/wa-ACMLPX.exe?SUBED1=MM-INTEREST&A=1