From:
Isa Jahnke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Isa Jahnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:23:05 +0100
Call for Workshop Proposals

ACM Group 2012
http://www.acm.org/conferences/group/conferences/group12/
Submissions of proposals due: March 15th, 2012

The ACM Group Conference will take place October 27 - 31, 2012, Sanibel Island, Florida/USA.

Workshops provide an informal and focused environment for the information exchange and discussion of Group related topics. A workshop proposal should contain a title, aims and objectives, workshop description, intended participants and the strategy for recruiting them, and the value for the field of collaborative & social computing and for this conference. It should also specify the maximum number of participants, the planned duration (half-day/full-day) and the audio/visual equipment needed.

We encourage diverse and experimental workshop formats, and we would be happy to discuss your innovative ideas in advance of the March 1 deadline.

Topics, in addition to the areas listed in the general Group'12 call for contributions (see "Organizational and Social Issues" and "Technical and Implementation Issues"), we strongly encourage workshop proposals about emerging areas such as crowdsourcing, collective intelligence, e-democracy, etc.

Please submit a maximum of four pages, using the conference paper format directly to the workshop co-chairs at:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  and
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

The submissions are due by March 15th and the notifications will be sent by April 15th. Workshops will take place on Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th. We look forward to your topic ideas for deep and collaborative discussions.

Luigina Ciolfi & Gregorio Convertino
ACM Group 2012 Workshops Co-Chairs

Sean P. Goggins & Isa Jahnke
ACM Group 2012 Publicity Co-Chairs