CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:15:38 -0700
From:
Jeff Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Paola Kathuria wrote:
>I think more information is required before an answer can be given.
>
>1) Is the main purpose of the app for
>- display? (what meds is patient X taking?)
>- editing? (add/remove/edit meds for patient X)

The app will do both.

>2) Do you always want to list meds by patient or will you want to
>list patients by med?

Only meds by patient, not patients by med.

>If editing is the main purpose, is it more common to edit one
>patient per session or might you have to edit the meds of more
>than one patient in a session?

Only one at a time.

>3a) How big is the list of patients? And b) what's the maximum
>number of meds one can have?

a) usually under 10
b) usually under 15

>4) How does one find the patient record to edit?

All patients are listed in a table, which is always available on the
"Patients" page.  No search is required.

>I can think of various design patterns, depending on your answers.

I've checked UI patterns books, and so far haven't found anything appropriate.

Thanks,
Jeff Johnson, Ph.D.

            CHI-WEB: www.sigchi.org/resources/web/faq.html
              MODERATOR: mailto:[log in to unmask]