Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 12:05:02 -0400
From:
Dimple Mohan <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Hello Everyone,
An Association client of mine is based on the business model of the
American Institute for Architects serving their member needs for
education, products and publications. This Association sets the
standards of practice and professional conduct for its members and is
currently in the process defining requirements for an Association
Management System. One of the requirements that arose was to allow
their members to have the ability to register for continuing ed.
classes (complex form with eligibility requirements), events while
shopping for products and publications through a single payment
process. Thus a member can register for an event, sign up for a test,
purchase coffee mugs or publications by entering their credit card
information only once.

Has this been done before? Are there examples of this that anyone can
refer me to? What challenges would one face when building such an
integrated shopping cart? This is perhaps preliminary but to me this
feels unusual and I am reaching out to see if others have done this
before.

- Looking forward to your replies!

Thanks,
- Dimple Mohan