Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:33:32 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Gunnar Harboe <[log in to unmask]>
SEEKING PARTICIPANTS FOR OBSERVATION / INTERVIEW

I am doing a study on how HCI researchers and practitioners use groups of sticky notes (or other paper cards) to do things like analyze qualitative data, make decisions or organize design ideas. (One particular version of this process is sometimes called affinity diagramming or the KJ method.) A better understanding of how such work is actually performed should help in offering support for common problems and tasks.

If you use any of these methods in your work/research and have an upcoming project, I am interested in observing you in the process. (For the observation, I would travel to your workplace, so some advance notice and planning is needed.) Participating teams will receive $100 in cash or gift cards for each half-day of observation.

For those who use these methods but are not available for an observation session, I would still like to talk to you. Interview participants will receive $40 for a 90-minute phone interview.

More details and a form to sign up are available at: http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/zpac/research/tangiblemethods/papernotestudy.html

This study is part of my PhD thesis at the University of Zurich People and Computing Lab (ZPAC), supervised by Elaine M. Huang ([log in to unmask]). If you have any questions or concerns about this study, please contact either of us.

Your participation and help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Gunnar

--
Gunnar Harboe
Research Assistant

ZPAC: University of Zurich People and Computing Lab
[The Human-Computer Interaction Group at UZH]
http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/zpac/