Sender:
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:47:43 +0100
From:
Oliver Damm <[log in to unmask]>
Call for Papers and Deadline Extension - Workshop on „Applications for Emotional Robots“
Bielefeld, Germany, March 3, 2014

Dear Colleagues,
We would like to cordially invite you and your co-workers to the 2nd Workshop on „Applications for Emotional Robots“ at HRI 2014.

With best regards,
the organizers (Oliver Damm, Christian Becker-Asano, Frank Hegel, Manja Lohse and Britta Wrede)

Workshop URL and Program: https://aiweb.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/hri2014_workshop_emotions

Held in conjunction with HRI 2014: http://humanrobotinteraction.org/2014/

Please contact us at: [log in to unmask]

IMPORTANT DATES:

17 January 2014 - Paper submission deadline
28 January 2014 - Notification of Acceptance
03 March 2014 - Workshop

Workshop description:

In social interaction between humans expressing, recognizing, and understanding emotions is essential. Therefore, artificial emotions are also being exploited to improve human-robot interaction (HRI) and to build robots that interact in a more human-like and intuitive manner. Some characteristics of this kind of robots are to express/perceive emotions, to communicate with (highlevel) dialogues, to learn/recognize models of other agents, to establish and maintain social relationships, and to develop social competencies. These socially interactive robots are used for different purposes, e.g. as toys, as educational tools, or as research platforms. Thus, from an engineering perspective it is necessary to create robots for specific contexts, requirements, and expectations. With this second full day workshop we aim to continue our discussion of interdisciplinary perspectives on the application of robots that are able to display and perceive emotions. We want to develop an idea of how the context influences the characteristics that an emotional robot needs to have and to gain new insights in the role of emotions in HRI.