From:
Paul André <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul André <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 13:30:12 -0400
UIST 2013 Poster, Demos, and Doctoral Symposium tracks open!
Deadline: June 28, 2013

October 8-11th, St Andrews, Scotland, UK. http://www.acm.org/uist

The UIST 2013 poster, demonstration and doctoral symposium chairs are
pleased to announce that these conference tracks are now open for
submissions (http://www.precisionconference.com/~sigchi).

**Posters** provide an interactive forum in which authors can present work to
conference attendees during special poster sessions. Posters provide an
opportunity to describe new work or work that is still in progress, and will
be more lightly reviewed than papers. A poster submission should follow the
official SIGCHI conference publication format, describing the research
problem, contribution, and value to UIST attendees. Note that poster
submissions, unlike paper submissions, are not anonymous. In addition to the
two-page paper, poster submissions require submitting a sketch of the poster
itself. For more details see:
http://www.acm.org/uist/uist2013/cfp.php#posters

**Demonstrations** show early implementations of novel, interesting, and
important interaction concepts or user interface systems. They can also
serve to showcase commercial products not previously described in the
research literature. Demonstrations should be brief, so that they can be
shown repeatedly. We particularly encourage demos with which attendees can
interact. Accepted demonstration abstracts will be peer reviewed and
published together with posters and doctoral symposium abstracts and made
available digitally to conference attendees. UIST will showcase accepted
demos at an evening demo reception (Wednesday October 9th 2013).We will also
invite authors of accepted papers to present their work at the demo
reception. A demo submission consists of an extended abstract in the
official SIGCHI conference publication format that should be no more than
two pages in length. Note that demo submission, unlike paper submission, is
not anonymous. For more details see:
http://www.acm.org/uist/uist2013/cfp.php#demonstrations

**The UIST Doctoral Symposium** held on October 8th 2013 before the main
conference is a forum in which Ph.D. students can meet and discuss their
work with each other and a panel of experienced UIST researchers in an
informal and interactive setting. We welcome applications from current Ph.D.
students studying within the full range of disciplines and approaches that
contribute to the UIST community. We will give preference to applicants
beyond the proposal stage and well into their dissertation research. Each
applicant should provide a short written paper (no more than four pages in
the official SIGCHI conference publication format, as described in the
authors' guide). Note that doctoral symposium submission, unlike paper
submission, is not anonymous. This paper should describe ongoing work and
might summarize the student's full dissertation work, or highlight a
particular part in depth. For more details see:
http://www.acm.org/uist/uist2013/cfp.php#doctoralsymposium

Relevant dates:

• June 28: Submissions due by 17:00 PDT.
• July 26: Notification of acceptance decisions.
• August 11: Camera ready versions due.

For all of these tracks we only accept electronic submissions. To submit,
see the UIST Electronic Submission site
(http://www.precisionconference.com/~sigchi).