From:
John Vines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Vines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:44:24 +0000
Apologies for any cross-posting.

-----

DPPI is a leading venue for designers, artists, psychologists, systems engineers, social scientists and many more to come together to debate and define future design research and practice. In 2013 we celebrate a decade of this exciting conference series.

This year’s conference is hosted by Northumbria University<http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/> and will be held on the riverbanks of the Tyne in the glorious BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art<https://www.balticmill.com/> between the 3-5 of September 2013. This year’s theme is Poetics and Praxis. We wish to reflect on the great changes that have occurred in design research, human-computer interaction and interaction design since the first DPPI conference in 2003. We want to celebrate the diversification and growth of research studying and exploring the role of fun, enjoyment, pleasure, intimacy and emotion as a central feature of the everyday experience of products, services and technologies and as resources for new design ideas.

DPPI 2013 is also collocated with the 1st international biennial conference on Research Through Design<http://www.praxisandpoetics.org/researchthroughdesign/>. By registering for one conference you are automatically eligible to attend the other. Therefore this year builds upon the prior conferences by offering a unique opportunity to attend traditional talks of high-quality, mature research outcomes with Research Through Design’s exhibitions and round-table discussions on the practice of design.

Across both conferences we have an exciting program of 30 paper presentations, 15 round table discussions and poster sessions. We also have 3 fantastic keynote talks planned from Patrick Jordan<http://www.patrickwjordan.com/books.php>, Rachel Wingfield<http://loop.ph/bin/view/Loop/LoopDesignResearch> and Jane Harris<http://fada.kingston.ac.uk/staff/view_staff.php?id=38>.

Registration rates for DPPI 2013 are as follows:

Early Bird Rate, until 18th July 2013: £300.00

Standard Rate, 19th July 2013 and later: £350.00

Visit the conference websites to see more information about DPPI 2013<http://www.praxisandpoetics.org/dppi/> and RTD 2013<http://www.praxisandpoetics.org/researchthroughdesign/>. To register for the conference, visit the online payment site here: Online Payment<https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/sd/academic/scd/whatson/fadsscnf02b/?view=page3>

We look forward to seeing you Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead in September 2013!