From:
Andreas Riener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andreas Riener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:31:16 +0100
[our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

| 4th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces           |
| and Interactive Vehicular Applications (AutomotiveUI'12)             |
| October 17-19, 2012, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA                  |
| Conference website: http://www.auto-ui.org                           |

AutomotiveUI,   the   International   Conference   on   Automotive  User
Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, is the premier  forum
for UI research in the automotive domain. AutomotiveUI  brings  together
researchers and practitioners interested in both the  technical  and the
human  aspects  of  in-vehicle  user    interfaces   and   applications.
AutomotiveUI'12  will  investigate  novel  in-vehicle  services,  issues
related  to  driver   distraction,   approaches    to  improving  driver
performance, and the varying needs of different user groups. In addition
AutomotiveUI'12  will  explore  the  relationship  between  these topics
and automotive user interface standards.

------------------------------|   TOPICS   |----------------------------
AutomotiveUI'12 invites you to  submit  original  work in one or more of
the  following  formats:  full  and  short  papers,  workshops, posters,
interactive demonstrations, and industrial  show-cases.  Topics include,
but are not limited to:

* New concepts for in-car user interfaces (multi  modal,  speech, audio,
   gestural, natural I/O)
* Text input and output while driving
* Interfaces to control in-car entertainment
* Evaluation and benchmarking of in-car user interfaces
* Assistive technology in the vehicular context
* Methods and tools for automotive user interface research
* Automotive user interface frameworks and toolkits
* Detecting and estimating user intentions
* Emotional state recognition while driving
* Techniques for cognitive workload and/or visual demand estimation
* Biometrics and physiological sensors as a user interface component
* Detecting/measuring driver distraction
* Sensors and context for interactive experiences in the car
* User interfaces for information access (search, browse) while driving
* User interfaces for navigation or route guidance
* Applications and user interfaces for inter-vehicle communication
* In-car gaming and entertainment
* Different user groups and user group characteristics
* In-situ studies of automotive user interface approaches
* General automotive user experience research
* Topics associated with automotive user interface standards
* Vehicle based apps, web/cloud enabled connectivity
* The role of subliminal cues and feedback to augment driving behavior

-------------------------|   IMPORTANT DATES   |------------------------
Please check  the  conference  webpage at <www.auto-ui.org>  for further
information  and/or  any  changes  to submission  deadlines.

* Full and Short Papers:    June 1st, 2012
* Workshop  Proposals:      July  6th,  2012
* Work-in-progress, Demos:  September  7th, 2012
* Industrial Showcase:      September  7th, 2012

-----------------------|   ORGANIZING COMMITTEE   |---------------------
* General Chair ([log in to unmask])
     - Andrew  L. Kun,  University  of New Hampshire, USA

* Paper Co-Chairs ([log in to unmask])
     - Linda Boyle, University of Washington, USA
     - Bryan Reimer, MIT AgeLab, USA
     - Andreas Riener, University of Linz, Austria

* Program Committee
     - for an overview see <http://www.auto-ui.org/12/organizer.php>

We plan to publish the AutomotiveUI'12 proceedings  online  via  the ACM
Digital Library.  The adjunct  proceedings  of  AutomotiveUI'12  will be
published online at the  conference  website.  Proceedings  may  be also
considered for printing under a ISBN carrier.

Join us this  October  for stimulating  discussions  and  for  beautiful
views of the New England fall foliage.