From:
"Sturm, J.A." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sturm, J.A.
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2012 13:42:54 +0200
[Apologies for cross-posting]

2nd Call for Participation

AMGAM’12: Second International Workshop on Ambient Gaming
November 13, 2012, Pisa, Italy
Hosted by the AmI-12 conference

http://www.playfitproject.nl/ambientgamingworkshop
Submission deadline: September 17, 2012

Description
New media, social networks, modern technology and (social) interaction enable us to design for playful activities that are seamlessly integrated within our daily lives in such a way that the boundaries between other activities and play disappear or blur; we call this ambient games and play. They incorporate ambient intelligence characteristics, e.g. they sense who is present, where they are, what they are doing, and when and why they are doing it. Ambient games offer context-aware and personalized features. They also allow players to move around freely, without being bound by a computer screen or another device, by using information coming from sensors embedded in the environment. By their nature, they allow players to play throughout the day, as play and games may be incorporated in everyday objects and routines.

Ambient gaming and play offers promising opportunities for creating novel and unique player experiences. However, there are still many unanswered questions related to this new field of research, for instance related to gamification, personalisation and adaptation, aspects and issues of control and privacy, as we concluded from the first workshop on Ambient Gaming, which was held at AmI-11 in Amsterdam. In this 2nd workshop on Ambient Gaming we intend to further discuss opportunities and challenges in the field of ambient gaming and play with people from different disciplines who are active in this field (designers, researchers, and developers).

To participate
We invite researchers, designers and technologists who are active in the field of ambient gaming and playful interaction to submit a position paper (max. 4 pages). The paper should describe your area of research, your contribution to the field and your specific interest in the topic of ambient gaming. Topics may include, but are not limited to:

Game Design
Novel interaction concepts
Pervasive games for education
Alternate reality games
Playful persuasion
Serious games
Games for health and well-being
Tools and metrics for evaluation
3D games and other game experience
Business models and validation

Game Technology
Human Behaviour Analysis (Emotion recognition, Activity recognition, etc)
Social behavior analysis
Sensor and actuator technologies
Hardware architectures and controllers
Intelligent interactive environments
Entertainment robots
Social robotics
Wearable sensors

Position papers should be formatted according to the Springer format (see http://www.playfitproject.nl/ambientgamingworkshop/?page_id=197) and submitted through the Easychair submission website (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=amgam12) before September 17, 2012.
All position papers will be peer-reviewed by an international program committee. We intend to select a number of workshop papers to be revised for publication in a special issue of a relevant journal.

Important dates
Submission position papers: September 17, 2012
Notification of acceptance: October 19, 2012
Camera-ready papers: will be announced

Organizers
Janienke Sturm (Eindhoven University of Technology / Fontys University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands)
Pepijn Rijnbout (Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands)
Ben Schouten (Eindhoven University of Technology / Fontys University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands

More information
http://www.playfitproject.nl/ambientgamingworkshop
Janienke Sturm ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)