From:
CHI 2012 Publicity <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CHI 2012 Publicity <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:11:31 +0100
CHI 2012 - It's the Experience!
May 5-10, 2012 - Austin, Texas
http://chi2012.acm.org/

The ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems is the
premier international conference on human-computer interaction. The
experience of CHI 2012 is centered in vibrant Austin, Texas, the Live
Music Capital of the World.

PROGRAM

The early program is now online at http://chi2012.acm.org/program; we're
still working on the late content, but here are some highlights of the
early program:
- 287 Papers and 83 Notes have been accepted for presentation (out of
1577 submitted, 23% acceptance rate)
- We have 53 Case Studies, 12 Panels, 33 Workshops, 36 Courses and 24 ToCHI
- We're in the process of reviewing more than 100 interactivity
submissions -- stay tuned for more

INVITED TALKS

Make sure to mark these exciting talks in your agenda's!

* Opening Keynote: Margaret Stewart, YouTube - "Connecting the world
through video" (Monday about 9:30)
* Closing Keynote: Hugh Herr, MIT Media - "What Biology Teaches Us About
Orthotic and Prosthetic Design" (Thursday about 5:00)
* Stu Card - "Interaction Science in the Age of Makers and
Instructables" (Thursday 11:30)
* Richard Shusterman - "Somaesthetics and HCI" (Monday 4:30)

CHI 2012 Academy and Lifetime winners

* Batya Friedman (Social Impact Award) - "Something of Value" (Wed. 11:30)
* Dan Olsen (Lifetime Achievement in Research) -- "Creating the Digital
Future: The Role of Interactive Systems" (Thurs. 9:30)
* Joy Mountford (Lifetime Achievement in Practice) -- "Innovation: When
is Early Too Early?" (Monday 2:30)

EARLY BIRD DEADLINE - 13 March

Registration for CHI 2012 is now open.
http://chi2012.acm.org/registration.shtml

Why register now?
- Save money: registration is substantially cheaper by the early deadline
- Get the courses you want: the most popular courses always fill, get
your seats now
- Start planning your trip now

Take advantage of the CHI 2012 Early Bird Rates and save dollars. The
Early Bird Deadline for Conference Registration and Hotel Reservation is
13 March 2012 ( Early Bird registration fees must be paid by the deadline.)

There are additional discounts for ACM Members and students.

OFFICIAL CHI 2012 HOTELS

CHI 2012 works hard to make sure that the conference rate is
competitive, and monitor the hotel’s other rates to make sure that our
attendees are receiving the best deal. Your stay helps SIGCHI meet our
obligation to the hotel, allowing us to keep registration rates low.

In order to obtain the special conference rate, which includes in-room
internet, attendees must make hotel reservations through the Austin
Housing Bureau, the official housing bureau for CHI 2012. We offer four
hotels, including the conference headquarters Hilton Austin, which is
just across the street from the convention center.

http://chi2012.acm.org/housing.shtml

We look forward to seeing you at CHI 2012!!

ORGANIZATION

General Conference Chair
- Joseph A. Konstan, University of Minnesota

Technical Program Chairs:
- Ed H. Chi, Google
- Kristina Höök, Stockholm University and SICS

CONTACT US

The organizers' email addresses are listed at
http://chi2012.acm.org/aboutus.shtml

SOCIAL MEDIA

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chi2012/111344135614009
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4002894