18th CRIWG Conference on Collaboration and Technology
September 16th, 2012
Submission deadline: July 8th, 2012
The CRIWG Doctoral Consortium aims at bringing together PhD students working on groupware and give them the opportunity to present and discuss their research in a constructive and international atmosphere. The goals of the Doctoral Consortium event are:
- To provide fruitful feedback and advice to the selected Ph.D. students on their research thesis.
- To interact with other PhD students and stimulate an exchange of ideas and suggestions among participants.
To help achieving this goal the doctoral consortium will be moderated by experienced researchers from the field. For the CRIWG 2012 Doctoral Consortium these are:
- Daniel Suthers, University of Hawai'i at Manoa, USA
- Ralf Klamma, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Josť A. Pino, Universidad de Chile, Chile
In the morning, the consortium PhD researchers will present and discuss their dissertation research progress. After lunch, consortium participants will receive feedback and suggestions regarding their research in face-to-face meetings with selected faculty members. Participating faculty will engage in discussions on academic research in GDN and the academic community in general.
- Web-based cooperative applications/environments
- Collaborative workspaces
- Collaboration through social media
- Administration and communication support for distributed communities
- Monitoring and analysis of group interactions
- Social media analytics
- Workflow modeling/Workflow management and coordination
- Groupware development frameworks and toolkits
- Languages and tools supporting collaboration
- Organizational computing
- Multi-user interfaces and group awareness mechanisms
- Social aspects of group work
- Nomadic and/or mobile collaborative work
- Virtual groups and virtual worlds
- Computer supported collaborative learning (CSCL)
- Group decision and negotiation support (GDSS)
- Meeting support for mixed and face-to-face settings
- Adaptive collaborative environments
- Collaborative applications and case studies
- Group-oriented knowledge management technologies
- Multi-agent systems and architectures to support collaborative work
We encourage all PhD students that have a clear picture of their research plan, but not have yet finished their research, to participate. To apply for participation at the doctoral consortium, please send a short paper or research proposal describing your doctoral work to the organizer (Stephan Lukosch, [log in to unmask]) of the consortium. The submission deadline is: July 8th, 2012
The paper/research proposal must:
- briefly describe your motivation to participate at the Doctoral Consortium - what you would like to take home from the consortium,
- clearly describe the motivation for the research,
- clearly formulate the research question & objective,
- describe the proposed approach & research methodology,
- describe the results achieved so far,
- point out the intended contribution to science,
- point out the intended contribution to practice.
We encourage you to use not more than 3000 words.
You will be notified about acceptance on July 23th, 2012.
For the consortium you will be asked to prepare a short presentation of your work. Details about this will be communicated by the doctoral consortium moderators to all accepted participants upon acceptance.
Participation in the Doctoral Colloquium has no additional fee and is open to every registered CRIWG 2012 participant.
Based on applications, a limited number of free participations covering the conference registration fee can be granted to graduate students. Applications need to be sent to the CRIWG 2012 organization chair Marc Jansen (E-mail: [log in to unmask]) from whom also further information on the application procedure can be obtained.
Dr. rer. nat. Stephan G. Lukosch
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Technology, Policy, and Management
Systems Engineering Section
Postal address: PO box 5015, 2600 GA Delft
Visitors' address: Jaffalaan 5, 2628 BX Delft
P: +31 (0)15-2783403
F: +31 (0)15-2783429
E: [log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org