Sender:
From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:04:24 +0100
Jodi Bollaert wrote (excerpt):

> I'm wondering though...how long of a session can one record with Lotus
Screencam?
> Also, how difficult would it be to record the usability test facilitator
as well?
> Would anyone be willing to share their thoughts/experience on this
approach?

I was curious too and so just tried it on my laptop (with built-in
microphone). The answer is about 1 MB/minute (for a 1024 x 768 display set
to 16 bit color and the default sound quality). So, with a spare 2 GB disk I
could (in theory) store sessions up to 2,000 minutes (about 30 hours).

An external microphone placed strategically should be able to record both
the test facilitator as well as the subject.

You can try the 15 day free demo at
http://www.lotus.com/home.nsf/welcome/screencam.

Regards,

William Hudson