CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
From:
"Gill, Kathy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:43:17 -0800

all the research that i've seen shows that most users don't like senseless
animations - they force the user to concentrate to keep the eye from moving
from content to the spinning whatever. yes, animations are supposed to make
banner ads more "click-through-able" than those that are "plain" -- but i've
not seen research that suggests that **infrastructure navigation** be
animated.

be curious to see your research.

kathy