From:
Marc Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marc Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:30:05 EST
On a lot of the top level pages (e.g., course overview pages), the only
major difference between 800x600 and 1024x768 is that the latter has some
white space on the right. However, when you dig deeper down, readability
gets worse on large browser windows. Instead of 10-14 words per line (which
I believe is good for overall readability), at 800x600 you're looking at
about 20 words per line. That makes scanning for info harder.

To compare common window sizes I recommend a tool called "Browser Sizer":
http://www.applythis.com/browsersizer/default.asp

Marc Crawford

Information Architect & Web Usability Consultant
OgilvyInteractive