From:
Louise Penberthy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Louise Penberthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:44:50 -0500
Are there any guidelines out there for what is good content for
tooltips?  I'm on the team at work that's redesigning our Web site.  We
were using tooltips to give a preview of pages that would be found under
a particular menu item.  In other words, when you held the mouse over
the "About Us" menu item, you get a list of all of the menu items under
that section.  But one of our review team pointed out that that makes
them too long (which we knew anyway).

What do other people do with tooltips?

-- Louise

--