Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:28:49 -0700
8bit
Sender:
From:
Marti Hearst <[log in to unmask]>
A group of HCI researchers and practitioners has written a letter in
response to a call from the U.S. Federal Government for comments on a
proposal to improve and modernize the IRB process.   I encourage you to
read the letter and consider signing it.

If you'd like to see changes to the letter, we are taking comments on the
letter through Oct 5, after which we will update the letter with any
changes that we are persuaded to make.

If you agree with the ideas expressed in the letter, I urge you to add
your name to the signatories on the letter.  The more people who support
it, the more justified the agencies are in making the changes.

You may also use the letter as a starting point to write and submit your
own response.

This link below has the letter, the information about the request for
comments, and the form that will allow you to submit comments or sign the
letter.

http://goo.gl/N3zCG

If you want to read the discussion that went into the writing of this
letter, look here:

http://hci-discuss-irb-rules.groupsite.com/main/summary

Please do act!  And forward this on to other people!  Deadline is October 25.

Marti Hearst
Professor, UC Berkeley