CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Eighth European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning
17-21 September, 2013
- Early bird registration with reduced fee *extended* until August 19, 2013: http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/registration
- Liina Munari, European Commission senior project officer (DG CONNECT), confirmed as keynote speaker
- Conference program draft available
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL) is a unique opportunity for researchers, practitioners, and policy makers to address current challenges and advances in Technology Enhanced Learning. Through EC-TEL, established and emerging researchers as well as practitioners, entrepreneurs, and technology developers explore new collaborations, strengthen networks, and compliment their core experience. The theme of EC-TEL 2013 is "Scaling up Learning for Sustained Impact".
KEYNOTES - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/program/keynotes
- Sir John Daniel and Stamenka Uvalic-Trumbic: "Making Sense of MOOCs: The Evolution of Online Learning in Higher Education"
- Liina Munari: "Beyond Horizon: learning and technology in EC policies and programming"
PROGRAM - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/program
The scientific program features 31 rigorously peer-reviewed full papers plus 18 short papers which have been carefully grouped together in the following sessions:
- Learning Together
- Massive Open Online Learning (MOOCs)
- Learning at the Workplace
- Towards New Classrooms
- Learning Design
- Games - Serious & Fun
- Personalization and Adaptation
- Mobile Learning
- Large Scale Adoption and the TEL Community
- Metacognition and Reflection
The scientific sessions will be rounded off with a poster session featuring 34 posters and a plenary Demo Sprint competition where the 22 accepted demonstrations will compete for a prize, and the audience will be the jury.
All accepted papers, demos and posters can be found by scrolling down the page at http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/program
DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/call-for-doctoral-consortium
EC-TEL 2013 will also feature a doctoral consortium to offer PhD students a forum for fruitful discussion with experts and peers.
INDUSTRY TRACK - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/industry-track
A panel of experienced European learning technology specialists will be moderated by David Wortley, former Founding Director of the Serious Games Institute at Coventry University.
CO-LOCATED WORKSHOPS - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/workshops
- International Workshop on EuroPLOT Persuasive Technology for Learning, Education and Teaching (IWEPLET 2013)
- Computational tools fostering Creativity in Learning processes (CCL)
- 3rd International Workshop on Awareness and Reflection in Technology-Enhanced Learning (ARTEL 2013)
- EC-TEL tutorial on Seamless assessment in Serious games (SEASG)
- Culturally-aware technology-enhanced learning (CulTEL)
- Workshop on Collaborative Technologies for Working and Learning (EC-TEL meets ECSCW)
- Workshop on solutions that enhance informal learning recognition (WEILER)
- 3rd International Workshop on Teaching Analytics (IWTA-2013b)
- 4th International Workshop on Motivational and Affective Aspects (MATEL)
- Workshop on Technology-Enhanced Formative Assessment 2013 (TEFA 2013)
- 21st century Learning in the HEALTH and EMERGENCY sectors
REGISTRATION - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/registration
Reduced-fee early bird registration was extended!
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/places
EC-TEL 2013 will be hosted at the 5-star Coral Beach Hotel in beautiful Paphos, Cyprus. Besides staying at the conference hotel, attendees can choose to stay in nearby hotels, offering all price categories. Cyprus is easy to reach from all major airports Europe.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org