Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2014 06:41:35 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
"Ingi Helgason (UrbanIxD project)" <[log in to unmask]>
| city | data | future |

Interactions in hybrid urban space

The UrbanIxD Symposium: Call for Participation

………………………..

25th September 2014    www.citydatafuture.eu

Alongside the UrbanIxD exhibition taking place in Venice, the project is presenting a one-day symposium to encourage debate and discussion around the themes of the exhibition, and of the UrbanIxD project itself. This exhibition is a culmination of the work that has been carried out over the two-year duration of the UrbanIxD project, in particular the work of the Summer School held in 2013.

Symposium Submissions

We are seeking submissions that address the exhibition and UrbanIxD project themes in novel and inspiring ways, drawing on original work. We hope that the symposium will encourage debate around the key research challenges for the future of the new domain of Urban Interaction Design. This domain seeks to place people at the centre of design for interactive products and services in the urban environment.

The UrbanIxD project invites submissions in the form of position papers, case studies and posters, from the academic, public, industry and research sectors. We would particularly like to encourage submissions from students and “early career” researchers. This interdisciplinary symposium is aimed at participants from domains such as:

Design
Interaction Design
Architecture
Urban Design & Planning
 Media Architecture
New Media Art
Sociology
Anthropology
& other related fields
We are seeking unpublished work under the following categories:

Position papers (max 4 pages):

These can be academic or research based works putting forward critical or speculative viewpoints about interactions in hybrid urban space.

Case studies (max 4 pages):

These can be practice based works that encourage speculation about interactions in hybrid urban space.

Posters, with Abstracts

For poster submissions, please send an abstract of 2 pages max. If accepted you will produce a printed poster to bring and display at the symposium.

All accepted work will be published by the UrbanIxD project and made available online. It is the intention of the project to collaborate with selected authors towards a special edition of a relevant academic journal.

Important Dates

15th May 2014 Submission

30th June 2014 Notification

31st July 2014 Final print ready submissions and poster abstracts

More details: www.citydatafuture.eu