Sender:
From:
Ben Shneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 07:51:07 -0500
Dear SIGCHI colleagues,

  I wanted to inform you about interesting possibilities for
interaction with the ACM SIGCSE (Computer Science Education).  I
was the after-lunch speaker on Friday in Atlanta for their 1998
Technical Symposium, which  drew 877 registrants!  It includes a
doctoral consortium, workshops, exhibits, plus three days of paper
presentations (392-page proceedings with 72 papers).

  Considering that CHI'98 is increasing our focus on education,
I would like to encourage your participation in the SIGCSE'99 in
New Orleans (Chair- Jane Prey, [log in to unmask]).  One approach
is to present papers on HCI education (there were two papers this
year, which I think is the first time that has happened).  Another
approach is to contribute papers that evaluate new teaching
strategies (collaborative teams, authentic projects, testing
methods) and assess software tools (simulations, websites,
animations, groupware, authoring environment).

  You may want to check their website:  www.acm.org/sigcse

  Best wishes...Ben Shneiderman

Ben Shneiderman              email: [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Computer Science    (301) 405-2680
University of Maryland       (301) 405-6707 FAX
College Park, MD 20742       http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/hcil