From:
Ben Shneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Shneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 11:55:00 -0400
  *****  Summer Social Webshop 2012   ******
  August 21-24, 2012, College Park, MD
   http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/webshop2012

   Application deadline for best consideration: June 8, 2012

The Summer Social Webshop (@Webshop_UMD) is 4-day (August 21-24, 2012)  NSF-sponsored interdisciplinary workshop on Technology-Mediated Social Participation (TMSP).
We invite US graduate students to participate at the University of Maryland, College Park for presentations and discussions of social-networking tools, blogs and microblogs, user-generated content sites, discussion groups, problem reporting, recommendation systems, and other social media. We emphasize social networks and social media research on applications tied to national priorities.

Please pass this following announcement along to your students and other groups that may be interested.

We are also using twitter to spread this announcement.  You can see the original tweet (for retweeting) at http://bit.ly/Mc2PZk and the original text is:

US Grad student applications wanted for #Webshop2012 #UMD #HCIL #NSF #SMRF #TMSP #SNA #Socialmedia Aug 21-24 http://bit.ly/KXmiYd