Sender:
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2012 21:39:57 +0100
From:
LIVE INTERFACES
Performance, Art, Music

http://icsrim.org.uk/liveinterfaces/

Date: 7th-8th September, 2012
Location: ICSRiM, School of Music, University of Leeds, UK

Twitter: http://twitter.com/liveinterfaces/
Facebook: http://facebook.com/liveinterfaces/

UPDATES

* On-line submissions now open
* Live Coding workshop with Thor Magnusson
* Special Issue of Leonardo Electronic Almanac (LEA)
* Related conferences - TaPRA and ICMC

+ ON-LINE SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN

If you would like to present a paper or performance during the
conference, please submit a proposal in abstract form at:
http://lipam.lurk.org/

Please use the provided template, and note the requirements detailed
on the website.

The deadline for both papers and performance proposals is 17th June
2012.

+ LIVE CODING WORKSHOP WITH THOR MAGNUSSON

The Live Interfaces conference will begin with a live coding workshop
lead by Thor Magnusson.  The workshop will look into what it means to
perform live music with computers. There is a well known problem in
such performance that can be traced to the lack of causality between
the performer's gestures and the musical output. Various solutions
will be presented, but the workshop will then focus on live coding
with musical systems like SuperCollider. The ixi lang live coding
language made in SuperCollider ( www.ixi-audio.net/ixilang and
www.vimeo.com/ixi ) will be presented and taught. After the workshop
the participants will have a good understanding of the problems of
live musical performance with computers, and be capable of live coding
music using the ixi lang.

+ SPECIAL ISSUE OF LEONARDO ELECTRONIC ALMANAC (LEA)

We are pleased to announce that a special issue of the Leonardo
Electronic Almanac will follow the conference.  Watch our website, or
follow us on facebook or twitter for more information.

+ RELATED CONFERENCES

++ Theatre and Performance Research Association (TaPRA) conference

TaPRA 2012 runs from September 5-7th at the University of Kent, UK.
Please indicate in "Comments for Conference Director" on the on-line
submission form if you intend to participate in TaPRA as well as Live
Interfaces, so that we can make appropriate arrangements during the
scheduling of successful submissions.
http://www.tapra.org/

++ International Computer Music Conference (ICMC)

ICMC 2012 runs from September 9th-15th in Ljubljana, Slovenia.  There
is no overlap between Live Interfaces and ICMC, but we are happy to
provide onward travel advice.
http://www.icmc2012.si/

+ CONTACT

Please contact: [log in to unmask]
or see: http://icsrim.org.uk/liveinterfaces/
for more information.

+ THANKS

Live Interfaces is kindly supported by: Vitae Yorkshire, the
University of Leeds and the Arts and Humanities Research Council