Sender:
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 23:45:41 -0500
From:
Peter Brusilovsky <[log in to unmask]>
8BIT
12-15 February, 2013, Fort Worth, Texas

<http://www.ischools.org/iConference13/2013index/>http://www.ischools.org/iConference13/2013index/

The iConference organizers encourage everyone to act fast in order to
take advantage of our lowest conference rates! Early-bird
registration is available through Dec 15, 2012. Regular rates will
apply thereafter. Register today at
<http://www.ischools.org/iConference13/registration/>http://www.ischools.org/iConference13/registration/.

The eighth annual iConference takes place February 12-15, 2013, at
the Worthington Renaissance Hotel in Fort Worth, Texas. The event is
sure to live up to the high-quality tradition established in earlier
years, and a complete 2013 program schedule is now posted on our
website. Highlights include:

>>>36 Full conference papers, 36 Notes (short papers) and 100 Posters
>>>examining critical areas of study in the information field.

>>>12 engaging alternative events and 12 thought-provoking Workshops,
>>>the latter including a special workshop on information privacy, as
>>>well as this yearıs contribution from the Sociotechnical Research
>>>group.

>>>3 dynamic keynote addresses from speakers Nancy Cantor of Syracuse
>>>University, Myron Gutmann of the National Science Foundation, and
>>>V. Lane Rawlins of the University of North Texas.

>>>A student Social Media Expo with multimedia presentations centered
>>>on leveraging social media to foster lifelong learning in everyday
>>>live.

>>>A Doctoral Colloquium (open to invited applicants) and an Early
>>>Career Colloquium (open to all junior faculty and postdocs).

>>>Our first-ever Research Paper Development Roundtable.

>>>A one-of-a-kind wild-West themed opening reception at Billy Bob's
>>>Texas, the "World's Largest Honky Tonk².

>>>An Awards Luncheon featuring the iCaucusıs inaugural Doctoral
>>>Dissertation Award, and also the Lee Dirks Memorial Best Paper
>>>Award, honoring this long-time friend of the conference.

At $505 (early standard) and $235 (early student), participation in
the iConference continues to be a great value! A light breakfast and
full lunch is included on all conference days. Access to ALL official
conference social events is likewise included‹Opening Reception,
Awards Luncheon, and Farewell Social.

iConference 2013 is presented by the iSchools
(<http://www.ischools.org/>www.ischools.org) and hosted by the
College of Information at the University of North Texas. Presenting
Sponsors include the National Science Foundation and Microsoft
Research. Additional support provided by CA Technologies, Emerald
Group Publishing, Morgan & Claypool Publishers, UNT Libraries and the
UNT COI Alumni Society.

Conference:
<http://www.ischools.org/iConference13/2013index/>http://www.ischools.org/iConference13/2013index/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IConference

Twitter: <http://twitter.com/iConf>http://twitter.com/iConf
--

Peter Brusilovsky
School of Information Sciences

Phone: 412 624 9404 +++ Fax: 412 624 2788
WWW:  http://www.sis.pitt.edu/~peterb

Have you checked interesting Pitt and CMU research talks on CoMeT this week?
http://halley.exp.sis.pitt.edu/comet/