From:
Larry Koved <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Koved <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2012 11:47:05 -0500
W2SP 2012 CFP - Web 2.0 Security and Privacy 2012 Workshop Call for Papers

On behalf of the workshop co-chairs and program chair, we would like to
invite you participate in the 5th annual workshop on Web 2.0 Security
and Privacy.  Started in 2007, this successful series of workshops has
attracted participation from both academia and industry, and participants
from around the world.

W2SP is co-located with the IEEE Security & Privacy Symposium.

Important Dates

Paper submission deadline: March 2, 2012 (11:59pm US-PST)
Workshop acceptance notification date: March 30, 2012
Workshop date: Thursday, May 24, 2012
Consult the workshop website (http://www.w2spconf.com) for additional
details.
Submission web site: https://w2sp-submit.cs.wisc.edu/

W2SP brings together researchers, practitioners, web programmers, policy
makers,
and others interested in the latest understanding and advances in the
security and
privacy of the web, browsers and their eco-system. We have had five years
of successful
W2SP workshops. This year, we will additionally invite selected papers to
a special issue of the journal.

W2SP is held in conjunction with the IEEE Symposium on Security and
privacy, which
will take place from May 20-23, 2012, at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in
San Francisco.
W2SP will continue to be open-access: all papers will be made available on
the
workshop website, and authors will not need to forfeit their copyright.

We are seeking both short position papers (2–4 pages) and longer papers
(a maximum of 10 pages). The scope of W2SP 2012 includes, but is not
limited to:

    Trustworthy cloud-based services
    Privacy and reputation in social networks
    Security and privacy as a service
    Usable security and privacy
    Security for the mobile web
    Identity management and psuedonymity
    Web services/feeds/mashups
    Provenance and governance
    Security and privacy policies for composible content
    Next-generation browser technology
    Secure extensions and plug-ins
    Advertisement and affiliate fraud
    Measurement study for understanding web security and privacy

Any questions should be directed to the program chair: