CALL FOR PAPERS -- UBICOMP 2013
We would like to draw your attention to the call for papers of the 2013 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2013). The conference will take place in Zurich, Switzerland, on September 10-12, 2013 (workshops: September 8-9, 2013).
Paper submission deadline is ***March 22, 2013***. The plain text CFP is listed below. For further information visit: http://www.ubicomp.org<http://www.ubicomp.org/>. You can also follow us on:
Apologies to those of you who have received this message multiple times.
UbiComp 2013 Publicity Chair
Researcher - MASS/MSRA | http://niclane.org<http://niclane.org/> | http://twitter.com/niclane7
Announcement and Call for Papers
The 2013 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing September 8-12, 2013, Zurich (Switzerland)
The 2013 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2013) is the result of a merger of the two most renown conferences in the field: Pervasive and UbiComp. The conference will be held in this new merged format for the very first time from September 8-12, 2013, in Zurich, Switzerland.
By offering a single venue for the leading worldwide research in Pervasive and Ubiquitous computing, the new format will better serve the needs of the research community by attracting more attendees (including the leading Pervasive/UbiComp researchers worldwide), and enabling more satellite events. UbiComp 2013 will be multi-track and the acceptance rate is planned to be at the higher end of previous UbiComp and Pervasive conferences (i.e., around 20%).
We welcome high quality papers, either in Full Paper format (max 10 pages, ACM double-column) or Note format (max 4 pages), that describe original and unpublished research advancing the state of the art in pervasive and ubiquitous computing. Topics for submissions will include any work that one would previously expect to find at either UbiComp or Pervasive, such as:
- Systems & infrastructures: descriptions of the design, architecture, deployment and evaluation of systems and infrastructures that support ubiquitous computing
- Devices & techniques: descriptions of the design, architecture, usage and evaluation of devices and techniques that create valuable new capabilities for ubiquitous computing
- Applications & experiences: descriptions of the design and/or empirical study of applications that leverage Ubicomp devices and systems
- Methodologies & tools: new methods and tools applied to studying or building Ubicomp systems and applications
- Theories & models: critical analysis or organizing theory with clear relevance to the design or study of Ubicomp systems
All work should be grounded in existing Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing literature and knowledge, and should be written for an interdisciplinary audience. Submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission for publication for any other conference, journal, workshop or other publication with an ISBN, ISSN, or DOI number.
UbiComp 2013 will introduce a number of changes to the submission and review process of prior Pervasive and UbiComp conferences, in particular a novel "revise and resubmit" phase. For a detailed description of these changes, along with full submission instructions, see the conference website at http://www.ubicomp.org/.
- March 22, 2013: Paper submission deadline (hard deadline!)
- May 8, 2013: Author notifications (incl. "revise & resubmit")
- June 5, 2013: Revised paper submission deadline
- June 16, 2013: Author notifications for revised submissions
- September 8-9, 2013: Workshops and doctoral consortium
- September 10-12, 2013: Main conference (Zurich, Switzerland)
Following several successful collaborations as part of the Pervasive conference series, UbiComp 2013 will continue the tradition of cohosting with ISWC 2013, i.e., UbiComp attendees will be able to attend all ISWC sessions and vice versa, at no extra charge.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org