From:
Frank Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 01:31:18 -0400
This is based on the International Cognitive Modeling Conference
mailing list that I maintain.  A lot apply to HCI as well.
  I forward messages about twice a year.
(this is the second one for ICCM 2013, and it's late.)

The first announcement is driving this email -- the call for papers
for ICCM 2013 in Ottawa with a new due date.  The rest indicate new
publication outlets and jobs in Cog Sci and in cognitive modeling.

If you would like to be removed, please just let me know.  I maintain
it by hand to keep it small.

I've added a conflict of interest note to each item.  I've become more
aware of CoI recently.  (As an aside, PSU's web site requires exact
dollar amounts for each stock owned and consulting fees, does yours?
PSU says most universities do, and I know of none that do. Happy to
correspond on this.)

I've also severely truncated, it was not getting into the CHI mailing list as
it has done previously without much problem for several years.

cheers,

Frank Ritter                 [log in to unmask]
http://acs.ist.psu.edu       http://www.frankritter.com

Full text of this announcement is at:
http://acs.ist.psu.edu/iccm2013/iccm-mailing-mar2013.txt

1.  ICCM 2013,  Ottawa, 11-14 July 2013,    Papers due:  5 April
2013/program announced soon
    http://www.iccm-conference.org/2013/

2.  ICCM 2012 tutorials proposals call
    http://acs.ist.psu.edu/iccm2013/tutorials-call.html

3.  Update on BRIMS 2013, to be held with ICCM in Ottawa

4.  How to run studies book, discount code available
    http://www.sagepub.com/books/Book237263
    http://www.frankritter.com/rbs/sage-30pc-flyer.pdf

5.  New (6/30) deadline for Brain Corporation Prize in Comp Neuroscience

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Scholarpedia:2012_Brain_Corporation_Prize_in_Computational_Neuroscience

6.  BICA 2013 deadline extension to 15 april 13
    14-15 Sept. 2013, Kiev, Ukraine
    http://bicasociety.org/meetings/2013/

7.  New journal announcement: IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems
    http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6392959

8.  Integrated Cognition, in the Fall 2013 AAAI Symposium Series

9.  Cog. Sci: the Computational Paradigm Symposium
    Workshop at IJCNN, 6 aug 2013, Dallas, TX
    http://www.ijcnn2013.org/files/ws-prog1.pdf

10.  Proceedings for Advances in Cognitive Systems conference
     http://www.cogsys.org/schedule

11.  Book chapter on Intelligent tutoring systems available
     http://walden-family.com/bbn/feurzeig.pdf

12. Call for papers/Fast Publication for BICA journal

http://www.journals.elsevier.com/biologically-inspired-cognitive-architectures

13.  Advances in Cognitive Systems (journal)
     http://www.cogsys.org/journal/volume-1

14.  CALL FOR PAPERS: Journal of Cognitive Science
     http://j-cs.org/

15. 2nd Workshop on LifeLong User Modelling June 2013, Rome, Italy
    due 1 April 2013     http://lifelogging-workshop.org

16.  IITSEC conference 2013
     http://www.iitsec.org

17.  Springer's Cognitive Computation journal: ToC 4(2)/ June 2012 issue
     http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/4/2/

18.  Summer School in Cognitive Linguistics, July 22-26, 2013, Bangor, UK
     Early registration:  15 april 2013
     http://www.bangor.ac.uk/cogling-summerschool

19.  2nd Call for Papers: Conf. on Spatial Info Theory COSIT 2013
     http://cosit.info

20.  Postdoc and RAs at Wright State

21.   Job Openings in the field of Model-Based Human-Centred Design, Germany
http://www.offis.de/stellenangebot_detail/stellenangebote/post-doc-with-management-role-design-processes-for-human-machine-systems.html

22.  Cognitive Science Research Position / Opportunity
     http://www.tier1performance.com/jobs/srjob/56947114

23.  Research Positions at the US Air Force Research Laboratory, Dayton, OH

24.  3 year PhD position at the Quality & Usability Lab, TU/Berlin

25.  Tenure-track position at Dept of Comp. and Info. Science, Fordham U.

26.  Postdoc at the HathiTrust Research Center, U. of Ill.
https://jobs.illinois.edu/search-jobs/job-details?jobID=27892&job=postdoctoral-research-associate-graduate-school-of-library-and-information-science-p1300007

27.  Tenure tracked faculty posts, postdocs in Fudan U., China
     http://www.ams.org/notices/201206/rtx120600881p.pd