Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 18:57:32 +0800
(We appologize if you received multiple copies of this Call.)

                   Call For Contributions
12th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering
                       (ISSRE 2001)
             Hong Kong, November 27-30, 2001

Dear Colleague,

Attached please find the following two Calls For Contribution to
ISSRE'2001:

A. Call for Industry Practice Program Contribution
B. Call for FastAbstracts

-ISSRE2001 Webmaster

A. Call for Submissions to the Industry Practice Program

The objective of the Industry Practice program is to broaden
the scope of this conference by adding a strong industry
component. There are three components to the Industry Practice
program:

1. Individual Presentations:

We seek submissions of one page abstract by authors in the
software industry on topics in technology, tools and practice
related to software testing, reliability, safety, security,
availability, and dependability. Typically this will contain

- a problem definition and its importance to the organization
- any potential solution tried to address the problem
- analysis of the results of applying the solution to the problem

The abstracts will be reviewed by the Industry Practices Committee
and the selected authors will have a chance to present a talk
(20 to 30 minutes). There is no need to write a paper and the
authors only need to submit a presentation (PDF format) for
publication in the conference proceedings.

2. Company Presentation:

We seek submissions of proposals for presentations by companies
in the software industry on their approaches to enhancing software
reliability in their products and services. In contrast to a
submitted presentation by an author, the contents of the proposal
for a company presentation should have enough different technical
dimensions (such as tools experiences, company practices,
reliability goals,etc.) to warrant a dedicated time in the agenda
for the company. It should not be viewed as a forum for advertisement.
The selected proposals will have 60 to 90 minutes on the ISSRE 2001
agenda. The participants only need to submit the presentation
(PDF format) for publication in the conference proceedings.

3. Industry Relevant Panels:

We seek submissions of proposals for panels that will be interesting
to the industry and academic participants alike on topics relevant
to today's fast moving software industry. Some examples of the topics
are: Reliability implications of Extreme Programming, Internet
security, Testing and Reliability of Network based Software Services,
etc. The proposal must contain:

- Name and address of the author of the proposal
- Title of the panel and an explanation of the relevant area
- Names of participants (with one moderator) and their qualifications
- Key five questions that will be addressed by the panel

The proposals will be reviewed by the Industry Practices Committee
and the selected panels will have 60 to 90 minutes at the ISSRE 2001

For more submission details about Industry track contribution, check out

http://www.research.ibm.com/softeng/comm/issre_ip.htm

B. Call for FastAbstracts ISSRE 2001

FastAbstract is a two page published technical paper, lightly reviewed,
requires a short talk at the conference and is published on-line and
along with a hardcopy proceedings publication.  In past few years the
FastAbstract concept has gained significant interest in our community.
It has also become a key value of the conference ushering new topics
and helping professional networking.  All ISSRE FastAbstracts are
archived at http://www.chillarege.com/fastabstracts.

This year we want to encourage FastAbstracts across a broader range of
topics and disciplines.  We are also allowing for a larger submission
window, but at the same time will maintain the continuous review process.
This give authors who submit soon earlier notification of acceptance.
Unlike the regular submissions, the process will close earlier should
all the allocated FastAbstract slots be consumed.

FastAbstracts are appealing to both academic and industry authors,
often for different reasons.  We will publish early work, technical
ideas, experience reports, opinions, positions papers, implementation
techniques are good materials for FastAbstracts.  An important figure
of merit is the usefulness and timeliness of the results to
practitioners and researchers.

For more submission details about Industry track contribution, check out

http://www.chillarege.com/fastabstracts

Important due dates:

Submission of Industry Abstracts / Proposals: June 1, 2001
Acceptance Notification:August 1, 2001
Final submissions due: October 1, 2001

Submission of FastAbstracts begin:  June 1, 2001
Acceptance Notification begin: August 1, 2001
Submissions will close no later than: September 1, 2001