From:
"Mark J. Matthews" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark J. Matthews
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2014 22:50:40 +0000
Biological Rhythms and Technology
http://pac.cs.cornell.edu/rhythms/
Toronto, Canada, April 27<http://airmail.calendar/2014-04-27%2012:00:00%20GMT+1>th, 9.00am – 6.00pm<http://airmail.calendar/2014-01-02%2009:00:00%20GMT>
Important dates
•   Submission Deadline: 17 Jan 2014<http://airmail.calendar/2014-01-17%2012:00:00%20GMT>
•   Notification: 10 Feb 2014<http://airmail.calendar/2014-02-10%2012:00:00%20GMT>
•   Workshop day: Sunday 27 April 2014<http://airmail.calendar/2014-04-27%2012:00:00%20GMT+1>

We are constantly changing. Every week. Every day. Every minute. Our bodies coordinate many physiological and mental changes to help us adapt to our environment. As a consequence of these fluctuations, we can be more suited to certain types of activities at specific times of the day. Disruptions of our rhythms can have serious impacts on our sleep, productivity, and well-being. In spite of these natural fluctuations, the technologies we use to work and to communicate respond identically throughout the day to our interactions. However, a new class of technologies has emerged that takes our biological rhythms into account
This interactive workshop will bring together researchers interested in designing technologies to support biological rhythms. We invite participants from a range of disciplines (including sleep, well-being, and mental health) to take part in this workshop to discuss the design and development of technology to support individual rhythms; social impacts of measuring these physiological, behavioral, and mental changes; and feedback interventions to help people become more aware of these changes. The goal of the workshop is to create a community around incorporating an awareness of biological rhythms into the design of technology

How to participate
Submit a 2-4 page paper in the ACM Extended Abstract format about your ongoing work, recent results, or study methods related to biological rhythms. At least one author of each accepted papers must attend the workshop and all participants much register for the workshop and attend at least one day of the conference.
Submissions should be submitted via EasyChair<https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=chibrt2014> or sent in .pdf format to biologicalrhythms.CHI201<mailto:[log in to unmask]>4[at] gmail.com<http://gmail.com/>
For more info: http://pac.cs.cornell.edu/rhythms/

Organizers
Mark Matthews, Cornell University, USA

Erin Carroll, University of Rochester, USA

Saeed Abdullah, Cornell University, USA

Jaime Snyder, Cornell University, USA

Matthew Kay, University of Washington, USA

Tanzeem Choudhury, Cornell University, USA

Geri Gay, Cornell University, USA

Julie Kientz, University of Washington, USA

Program Committee
Anthony Pisani<http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/people/23205321-anthony-r-pisani>, University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry
James Fogarty<http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~jf>, Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington
David Coyle<http://www.davidcoyle.org/>, Department of Computer Science, Bristol University