CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:00:34 -0700
From:
Jeff Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Colleagues,

A friend who is a webmaster for several sites, some for-profit and
some non-profit, asked me the following question:

"Questions come up about a particular area of UX in our case -- the
optimal balance of content vs advertising elements in the design of a
web page.  If advertising runs the show, we risk cheapening the value
of our content and brand; if content runs the show, advertising
complains about lost revenue opportunities.  I'm hoping there might
be some best practice guidelines available from content providers
who've fought these battles recently? Would appreciate any pointers
you can offer."

We already checked Jakob's UseIt.com for relevant advice, and found
some.  Does anyone have any other advice?

Thanks,
Jeff Johnson
UI Wizards, Inc.

        Tip of the Day: Email mailto:[log in to unmask]
               with any comments, questions or problems
            CHI-WEB: www.sigchi.org/resources/web/faq.html
              MODERATOR: mailto:[log in to unmask]