Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:03:40 -0800
From:
"Kathy E. Gill" <[log in to unmask]>
-- mail reformatted to read top to bottom --

At 8:11 AM -0600 11/9/99, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>First, how long have such systems been around? Second, why should we
>consider that to be relevant to this discussion (not that we shouldn't, I
>just want to know why)?

1) i dunno. probably folks on this list would know. but before 'browsers'

2) because it's a way the computer user has already learned to "jump" from
one subject to another

I repeat my comment about consistency in infrastructure interfaces -- like
traffic light colors/order, stop sign shapes, caution sign shapes ...

The hyperlink isn't a 'decoration' that designers with no concept of HCI
should be futzing about with willy/nilly. it is part of an information
system.

Kathy