CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:07:25 -0400
I wrote yesterday, asking about the behavior of screen readers with
tables and whether it depended on the browser and/or browser version.
Evidently my question was not well phrased, because I've received two
I already know a fair amount about that, and I have the links to the
WAI, WGBH, Trace, and Section 508 material.  What I need to know about
is the idiosyncrasies of screen reader behavior.  In particular, when
do they read down a column of an HTML table, and when do they read
across the screen and ignore the table formatting?

Thanks.

Elizabeth

   About CHI-WEB: http://www.acm.org/sigchi/web/chi-web.html