CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Bryan Grubaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 11:38:49 -0700
Hello all,

I'm currently working on a form for a registration process.  On the form
are 3 questions that, overall, are not required, but if you do choose to
answer them, you have to answer them all.  I can use visual cues to show
that they are "asked together", but am running into trouble about how to
represent them as being "not required, but required if you choose to
answer them."  By this I mean that if you choose not to answer any of
them, it's not a problem.  If you choose to answer even one, you have
to answer all 3.

Has anyone run into this problem before? If so, did you find a solution
that users liked, or understood?  I find that putting verbage on the
page does little more than add more words a user won't read.