CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Muhammad Tahir <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Oct 2012 11:53:18 +0300
Hi

Just a thought, might help you.

Probably the meds list can be extended as third dimension of the table. It
means now the table will not be in two dimension but in three dimension
(cube) and this third dimension will be the top surface of the cube.
Thus all info (including meds sub-list) can be visualized (and further
could be edited) in the form of a cube structure.

Regards,
Muhammad Tahir, PhD.
Assistant Professor,
KAU - KSA.

On Oct 17, 2012 8:22 PM, "Jeff Johnson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> CHI-Web colleagues,
>
> I have a Web design problem and would like to know if there is a good
solution.

> I'll use medicine as a domain to illustrate the problem (although
medicine isn't the domain in which I am working):

> Assume a medical Web app has a page that lists patients.  Each patient
has several attributes, so the list of patients is displayed as a table.
 One attribute for each patient is meds the patient is taking.  That itself
is a list of varying length.

> Problem 1: how to display the list of meds for each patient in the list
of patients.
> Problem 2: how to allow users to edit the list of meds for each patient,
i.e., add/delete meds from the list.

> Ideas for solutions and pointers to sites that tackle this problem would
be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Jeff Johnson, Ph.D.
> UI Wizards, Inc.