Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:17:54 +0000
Sender:
From:
Pernille Bjørn <[log in to unmask]>
Workshop: Global Software Development in a CSCW perspective (sorry for multiple postings)

Global software development (GSD) has been an important research topic in the CSCW community for more than two decades. CSCW has helped identify a significant number of challenges and solutions for handling distances in time, space and culture in distributed software engineering environments. However, no comprehensive collected body of knowledge concerning research on GSD from a CSCW perspective exists yet. The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners who have studied GSD from a CSCW perspective, and provide an overview of current findings and future challenges. In the workshop, we will facilitate group discussions across the diverse groups of researchers coming from ethnographic studies of software development practices and design studies of CSCW tools and processes for GSD. The goal is to provide an overview of current research, which in turn may form the basis for joint publications or an edited book.

We encourage both junior and senior researchers with an interest in GSD in a CSCW perspective to participate. Position papers should be 2-4 pages in the ACM SIGCHI format. The position papers will be reviewed by the organisers, who will take the decision as to whom to accept.
Submission deadline: December 1st 2014, 17:00 (Pacific Time)
See also the workshop web-site for additional informations: http://nexgsd.org/events/cscw2014-workshop/

We are looking very much forward to your position paper and participation,

The organisers

Pernille Bjørn, Jakob Bardram, Gabriela Avram, Liam Bannon, Alexander Boden, David Redmiles, Cleidson de Souza, and Volker Wulf