We apologize for cross-distribution and multiple copies.
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups and colleagues the following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific results to WIAMIS 2013.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 14th International Workshop on Image and Audio Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services (WIAMIS 2013)
3rd-5th July 2013
SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSALS: 4th January 2013
PAPER SUBMISSION: 8th March 2013
We hereby announce the 14th International Workshop on Image and Audio Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services (WIAMIS 2013), which will be held in Paris, France, 3rd-5th July 2013. WIAMIS 2013 is a peer reviewed technical scientific workshop, aiming at bringing together researchers and developers from academia and industry working in the areas of image, video and audio applications, with a special focus on analysis.
*** Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Multimedia content analysis and understanding;
– Content-based browsing, indexing and retrieval of images, video and audio;
– Advanced descriptors and similarity metrics for multimedia;
– Audio and music analysis, and machine listening;
– Audio-driven multimedia content analysis;
– 2D/3D feature extraction;
– Motion analysis and tracking;
– Multi-modal analysis for event recognition;
– Human activity/action/gesture recognition;
– Video/audio-based human behavior analysis;
– Emotion-based content classification and organization;
– Segmentation and reconstruction of objects in 2D/3D image sequences;
– 3D data processing and visualization;
– Content summarization and personalization strategies;
– Semantic web and social networks;
– Advanced interfaces for content analysis and relevance feedback;
– Content-based copy detection;
– Analysis and tools for content adaptation;
– Analysis for coding efficiency and increased error resilience;
– Multimedia analysis hardware and middleware;
– End-to-end quality of service support;
– Multimedia analysis for new and emerging applications;
– Advanced multimedia applications.
Prospecting authors are invited to submit full papers by March 8th. Guidelines and paper submission system will be soon available on the website.
As in previous years, WIAMIS 2013 will also feature a select number of special sessions to supplement the regular workshop program. Special session proposals are expected by January 4th, submitted according to the guidelines exposed on the website at http://wiamis2013.telecom-paristech.fr/special-session-proposals.
We are looking forward to meeting you at WIAMIS 2013 which will include a special visit at the Musée d'Orsay on 4th July 2013.
Local Organization Chair (WIAMIS 2013)
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org