From:
Lisa Gualtieri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:31:18 -0400
For HCI professionals and faculty seeking to work or teach in the expanding
field of Digital Health Communication, the Health Communication Program at
Tufts University School of Medicine has launched a new academic offering,
the *Certificate in Digital Health
Communication*<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Certificate>.
This program provides the foundational principles of health communication
through a digital lens.  Participants will learn how to create targeted
health communication messaging and campaign development using digital media
such as the web, social media, and mobile technologies and using design and
evaluation skills from HCI. Designed for working professionals and faculty,
the certificate can be completed on a part-time basis in one year, from
summer to summer.  The program starts with Digital Strategies for Health
Communication in July and continues with fully online courses offered
through synchronous technology. More information about courses is at
go.tufts.edu/digitalhealthcommcert

If a single course is of interest, the 2014 Summer
Institute<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Summer-Institute>
offers
three courses critical to the field of health communication:

   - *Mobile Health Design,* a synchronous 5 week online course (May 21 -
   June 18, 2014)
   - *Digital Strategies for Health Communication*, a one week course
   delivered on our Health Sciences campus in Boston (July 20 - 25, 2014)
   - *Health Literacy Institute*, a one week course and professional forum
   also delivered on our Health Sciences campus (June 9 - 13, 2014)

Here are what past participants have said:

*“Taking the Digital Strategies course greatly expanded my knowledge
and proficiency for using technology and social media in clinical research.
From a dissemination standpoint, it is essential to incorporate the
effective use of technology to develop a communication strategy, maintain a
web and mobile presence, and successfully communicate with the patients and
the research community. Thanks to the tools I learned in Digital
Strategies, I am now able to effectively use technology to accomplish these
goals. *- Laurel K Leslie, MD, MPH, Tufts Medical Center Floating Hospital
for Children

*“[Digital Strategies for Health Communication] was the best professional
development course I’ve been to. The following week I wrote part of a
proposal based on what I learned; my company won that bid and I now lead
online strategy for the project”. *

*-*Zena Itani, Senior Policy Associate, Altarum Institute, Washington, DC

Best wishes, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Sue Gallagher, [log in to unmask], *and *Lisa Gualtieri,

Lisa Gualtieri, PhD, ScM

Certificate in Digital Health
Communication<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Certificate>enrolling
for July 2014
Mobile Health Design<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Summer-Institute/Mobile-Health-Design>
offered
online May 21—June 18, 2014
6th Tufts Summer Institute on Digital Strategies for Health
Communication<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Summer-Institute/Digital-Strategies-for-Health-Communication>
offered
July 20-25, 2014

Assistant Professor
Tufts University School of Medicine
Department of Public Health and Community
Medicine<http://medicine.tufts.edu/Education/Academic-Departments/Clinical-Departments/Public-Health-and-Community-Medicine>
136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111

Phone: 617-636-0438 Cell: 781-330-9456

Email: [log in to unmask]