From:
Torkil Clemmensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Torkil Clemmensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2013 11:24:39 +0200
*apologies for cross-posting*

*NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE* Human Work Interaction Design (HWID): Past History and Future Challenges - INTERACT2013 one day workshop, Monday 2 September 2013 in Cape Town, South Africa

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 15th, NEW: May 22, 2013

NOTIFICATION: May 29st, 2013

https://sites.google.com/site/interact2013workshophwid

In this one-day workshop we aim to make status on the work done within in the IFIP 13.6 Human Work Interaction Design (HWID) approach, and point to future challenges. (at the INTERACT2013 workhop, we plan to take up the discussion thread from the HWID SIG that we had in early May at CHI 2013 in Paris, see http://chi2013.acm.org/program/by-venues/special-interest-groups/ ). The HWID working group aims at establishing relationships between extensive empirical work-domain studies and HCI design. We invite participants from industry and academia with an interest on empirical work analysis, HCI, interaction design and usability and user experience in work situations and in the workplace.

The scope of this workshop is to exemplify how HWID approaches translate work analysis to interaction design (and viceversa), and discuss how such understanding can help practitioners and researchers to develop and design digital use situations and digital content. That may entail that we touch upon theoretical ideas about socio-materiality and socio-technical environments.

***TOPIC***

The aim of this workshop is to explore the long tradition in HCI for studying the connections between interaction design and work context, in the light of the fact that the world that we live in has become much more digital in recent years. Thus the relations between interaction design including usability and user experience (UX) on the one hand, and on the other hand human work in organizations have gained new significance. Topics that participants may explore:

* Techniques and methods for mapping the relations between work analysis and interaction design

* How work analysis can feed into interaction design evaluation

* Design cases and case studies of work analysis and in medical and safety critical ICT, enterprise-level systems, e-government services, or mobile devices

* Synergies between work analysis and model-driven interface development

* Impact of emerging interaction technologies in human work practice

*** SUBMISSION ***

In order to participate in the workshop, please submit a position paper up to six pages in Springer LNCS format as a word file, describing your experience, findings, views or interests relevant to the themes of the workshop. Please send your position paper to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, no later than May 15. All submission will be reviewed by the organizers for suitability for the workshop. On May 22 1st authors of position papers will receive notification about acceptance. At least one author of accepted papers needs to register for the workshop no later than June 1st (End of early bird registration). We plan to publish the proceedings for the workshop.

*** ORGANIZERS***

Torkil Clemmensen1, Jose Abdelnour-Nocera2, Arminda Lopes3, and Bengt Sandblad4

1Copenhagen Business School, Denmark,

2University of West London,

3Instituto Politécnico de Castelo Branco, Portugal,

4Uppsala University, Sweden

*** CONTACT***

More details can be found on the workshop website:

https://sites.google.com/site/interact2013workshophwid

Please forward this to people that you know, who might be interested in participating