From:
Clare Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clare Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 09:52:47 +0000
===CFP: Interdisciplinary Coups to Calamities (ICC) at WebSci'14===
June 23, 2014 | Bloomington, Indiana, USA

Successful interdisciplinary collaboration is essential to Web Science, yet surprisingly little guidance exists about how to reach across disciplines and achieve successful collaborations. The fast pace of academic and practitioner workplaces limits the opportunities for mindful reflection about success factors in this complex area. This workshop provides that space.

At ICC'14 we will share and reflect on experiences of interdisciplinary collaboration: from the outstanding to the disastrous, and from the surprising to the confusing. If you have ever reached across disciplines and felt there was some lesson to be learned afterwards - whether you had time to reflect on it or not - this is the workshop for you.

We will share experiences of interdisciplinary collaborations, generating keywords for each contribution and identifying parallels, discrepancies and unexpected insights. We will identify key issues and possible solutions in interdisciplinary work, yielding insights for the Web Science community regarding the common issues we face and practical approaches to combat these.

More information, including the workshop's academic background and history, is available at http://www.icc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/

==Key dates and venue==
Paper Submission: 20 April, 2014
Acceptance Notification: 20 May, 2014
Workshop Date: 23 June, 2014
Workshop Venue: the Indiana Memorial Union (IMU) Biddle Hotel and Conference Center

==Submission details==
Preferred papers will:
a) Describe a real past or current interdisciplinary collaboration, successful or otherwise,
b) Describe that collaboration clearly and concisely,
c) Provide an initial indication of what factors may have influenced the success (or otherwise) of the collaboration.
Papers may describe pure research, applied research or research-practice collaboration.

Papers should be no more than two pages in Word or PDF format, formatted according to the official ACM SIG proceedings template (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates). Please use the ACM 1998 classification scheme (http://www.acm.org/about/class/1998/), and submit papers via EasyChair at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icc14