Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:29:00 -0500
From:
"Robert I. Eachus" <[log in to unmask]>
At 11:52 AM 1/5/98 -0500, Michael Feldman wrote:
>It's not hard to use Ada for CGI; one needs only a binding to the
>CGI library, which exists. A student of mine wrote a fairly large
>CGI application exclusively in Ada. I had no idea he was using Ada
>for this till he told me. He had not been an Ada fan (though not
>opposed) but then learned it and ended up focusing his whole
>dissertation project on (and in) Ada/CGI/Java.

   I worte my first web page in Ada in August of 1996, and with a couple
exceptions, have never looked back.  It is much, much easier than sh, or
any other shell, and definitely a lot more powerful than Perl.  The fact
that it performs a lot better than interpreted code is an additional
benefit.  Of course, you need to create a "cgi-bin" page, but there is a
very nice little package, written in C, called uncgi which completely
eliminates that hassle.
I do use other tools for graphics intensive pages when appropriate, but I
never use Perl anymore.

                                        Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;